Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hometown vs. Hometown


















It's funny how football works. At the beginning of the day I was just happy to learn I would be able to watch my Philadelphia Eagles on television for their last regular season game.

I don't get to see many games since I live in the Twin Cities and I usually work Sundays so today was a treat.

The Eagles were playing for their playoff lives. I told my wife that their chance of making it to the playoffs was about 10 percent. Well since both Tampa Bay and Chicago lost and the Eagles put a spanking on the Cowboys...the Eagles have made the playoffs. And they're coming to Minnesota next Sunday. My hometown playing my NEW hometown.


So 8 hours later I am getting frantic calls from family and friends looking for tickets and trying to get flights from Philadelphia for the weekend. I am sure it will be a week of trash talking and mudslinging with my friends from the Twin Cities.

Although I live here now I can't say I'm ready to throw my allegiance to the Vikings. If it were any other team I would......but this is the Eagles. I bleed green....see you all at the game ..I'll be the one with the Donovan McNabb jersey on.

No comments: